Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Brisvegas!

Apologies for the lack of updates.  The last few weeks have afforded little time for writing, and even less time (and Internet connectivity) for putting stuff online.  I'm in Brisbane and hopefully wrapping up the "holiday" portion of my working holiday very soon.  I'm working on an open source project that I hope to be able to show off to a potential employer and with luck, I can use it to land a job.

Brisbane is a very pretty city, especially at night.  It's got more landscape than Melbourne, in that Melbourne is very flat, and Brisbane is more hilly.  Melbourne has about twice the population, but there's something about Brisbane that makes it feel bigger and busier.  The streets twist and turn around one another, especially the freeways, and they just opened a massive tunnel from the city to the airport, which we took on the way into the city.

We spent this past weekend on Fraser Island.  I'll save the details for a proper journal update, but to give you an idea: it's basically the world's largest sandbar.

Here is but a sample of the pictures we took on the island.  I'll save the really good ones for the journal entry.

Sand dunes next to Lake Wabby

Eli Creek

The Pinnacles

The Maheno

The Hervey Bay crew.  Left to right: Robert, Michael, Chris, Sylvia, Joe, and me.  Not pictured is Christina, who snapped the picture.  There's a story behind the blue bag that Joe's holding.

No comments:

Post a Comment