Sunday, July 1, 2012

June 30-July 1, 2012

I'll cover both days in the same entry, because nothing much happened.  Seas were a bit rougher than previously.  Winds permitting, I spent most of the daytime hours reading from my hammock.  We are headed more southerly now, and the weather is turning cooler.  On 30 June, I could go outside in shorts and a fleece vest.  On 1 July, I opted for long pants and socks.  Temperatures were in the upper 60s (~20 °C) during the days, maybe somewhere in the 50s (12-13 °C) at night.  On 30 June the weather was clear most of the day.  1 July was cloudy, with maybe a couple of light showers.  There's a drought back home.  Dad's email said it was 107 (41.7 °C) at the farm.  He had been target shooting, but had to quit because he was afraid of starting a fire.  Mom's email said there was a record high in Nashville - 109 (42.8 °C).

At breakfast on 1 July, the chief engineer turned off the air conditioner for the first time since I boarded in Savannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment