Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Melbourne, At Last!

I've disembarked from the Matisse and spent my first night in Melbourne.  I found a nice Irish pub, a few minutes' walk from the YHA, called The Last Jar.  The beer was good and for dinner I had a delicious soup called Dublin Coddle.  The owner, Siobhan, told me I could find music at her other place, The Drunken Poet.  Whereas The Last Jar is more of a restaurant, The Drunken Poet is more eclectic - it has a coffee shop atmosphere, with local art hanging on the walls.  Both were very nice.

I plan to stay in Melbourne a few more days, then I will probably head up north to take advantage of the winter season.  The next several posts should comprise my journal through the Caribbean Sea and the Panama Canal, and across the South Pacific.  Things are going very well so far and I have a lot of stories already.

No comments:

Post a Comment