Saturday, June 2, 2012

Adventures in Savannah and Hilton Head

So yesterday we were bored and waiting for Charlie, Rachel, and Corbin to get down to Savannah, and we decided it would be a good idea to do a little sightseeing.  We drove by the Garden City terminal and saw the shipyard where I will be boarding later on this afternoon.

Mom snapped a quick shot of this container on the way to the shipyard.  It might wind up on my ship.

The Savannah riverfront has a nice little park where you can hang out and watch boats and ships go by.  This one is named after the founder of the Girl Scouts of America.
We watched the Georgia Queen go up and down the waterway several times on river tours.  It was "cute".
The Godpigeon
C'mon, Tugger!  Makin' movies, singin' songs, and fightin' round the world!
Not my ship, but impressive nonetheless.  This is roughly the same size as the Matisse

You can't have pictures of Savannah without some spanish moss.


After Savannah, we drove up to Hilton Head, where I did my casting call for the pilot of the upcoming NBC revamp of Baywatch, called Baywatch: HHH.  (I'm told the "HHH" stands for "Hilton Head Hillbilly")

Dad and I waiting outside the beach to film one of the scenes
This little girl was adorable.  In the episode, my character saves her from drowning and then revives her with a mysterious clear liquid from a Mason jar.  (for filming, we just used water)



In this scene, the high winds snap the bungee cords holding the surfboard to the Jeep's roof rack, but my character saves the day with a roll of bailing wire and a pair of pliers.
The girls were a pleasure to work with, and very professional.
Sadly, I won't be able to continue filming, due to my leaving the country.  Fortunately, I'm told that my character's role is going to be picked up by Lucas Black once the show goes into full production.

No comments:

Post a Comment