Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June 6, 2012

Compared with yesterday, today is pretty uneventful.  I sleep through breakfast, waking around 0945.  I set up a chair on the starboard side of F deck, reading Swiss Family Robinson, until about 1100, then nap in the chair until noon, when I take my lunch (salmon).

After lunch, I return to my cabin and sleep until around 1700, at which time I employ myself by downloading yesterday's pictures and videos from my camera and camcorder to my computer.  My phone still will not mount, but I remember seeing it detect that it was plugged in a couple days ago, so I decide to try cleaning the contacts with a toothpick and some hand sanitizer (which is alcohol based).  The toothpick removes a small mass of pocket lint, and afterward it mounts with no issues, so I am able to copy the pictures from the phone as well.

Dinner is ham, and afterwards I go to bed.  At dinner, I mention that we have picked up a stowaway on our stop in Jamaica.  My fellow passengers give me puzzled looks, and I explain seeing a beard soaring just above the ship for most of the day.  "Probably a frigate bird," Harvey says, and Eric comments about a pair of smaller birds, possibly swallows, that had crossed the Atlantic with the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment