Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June 13, 2012

I spend most of the day on F deck, reading.  I run out of sun screen, so I'll have to limit my time outside until I can get some more in Tahiti.

At lunch, Eric says he saw a pretty good-sized sea turtle, but he didn't have his camera on him.  There are three announcements given over the intercom:

  • Cash advance for the crew will be distributed at 1800 in the captain's office
  • The ship's store will be open at 1845
  • The clocks are rolling back 1 hour tonight

In the afternoon, I sit back on the deck, reading, and look up to see a spray of water about 200 yards ahead of the ship.  I keep looking for it to get closer, and regrettably don't have time to get my camera ready, when I see the tail of a large marine mammal, most likely a whale, perpendicular to the ship, just below me.  About an hour later, I see a flash of light, reflected off something in the water.  As it passes, I see it is a piece of garbage, with a small turtle playing with it.  I get only one picture, but it doesn't come out well.


I buy a case of Coke Zero from the store when it opens, and after dinner go out on the deck to stargaze.  The sky is clear and the moon is not yet up.  I don't see any meteors, but I do notice some quick flashes of light in our wake, like some kind of bioluminescent marine life.  It's pretty cool.  Then, I go to bed around 2130.

Pictures:
Slop Chest price list (all items in US dollars)

1 comment:

  1. I like how they have Axe Body Spray for sale on board.

    ReplyDelete