Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 19, 2012

Very sore today.  I popped the blisters on my heels from yesterday, drained them, and applied Neosporin.  I slept all day, except for taking pictures of our departure from Tahiti, and lunch and dinner.  I could barely walk due to the pain in my feet and legs.  At dinner, Harvey said we have 5 days to Fiji (counting the one day we lose when we cross the International Date Line).  I am glad.  Hopefully, my feet will be recovered by then.

It turns out that Eric is not a photojournalist, as I had originally suspected, but is also in the financial sector.  His company, he explained, is responsible for issuing new bank notes to French departments (territories) and taking home the old, worn out notes to be destroyed.  He told us a story at dinner about a man who had worked for the company some years ago.  Rather than destroying the old notes, the man laundered them by buying lottery tickets.  He made off with a large sum of money before he was finally caught and sent to prison.

Pictures:
Papeete


Smoooooooooooooch



Faa'a International Airport

Seaweed

Grounded sailboat
Ferry returning from Mo'orea



Mo'orea

Tahiti

Mo'orea

No comments:

Post a Comment